Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A New Advice Column

Hi folks, I'd like to introduce the Lonesome Lumberjack advice column, where you can write in and ask me anything, and I'll do my best to give some thoughtful feedback. I'm not a psychologist per se, but I do walk around in the forest and touch a lot of trees, so I think I know a thing or two! So keep those questions coming! Here's what I've gotten so far:

***

Dear Lonesome Lumberjack,

Can I really ask you ANYTHING?

-Cautious in California, well, not really California, I mean I work there, and I'm writing this at work, but I actually live in southern Oregon, like right on the border in a lame little town called Calgary that only has a Walmart and a post office and two McDonald's, I mean why are there two?, but I use this address for tax purposes because of this loophole that I found out when i dated a corporate lawyer last year, who I didn't love but I used for his money, and I'm wondering if that's wrong, the tax thing, and also the fake relationship (my friend Annie called it an "imaginationship"! haha) because I was raised in a household that taught me and my little brother Joey to always tell the truth and I have a lot of guilt about the fact that I can't stop lying, but I also want to be myself and what if I just AM a liar?


Dear Cautious,

Yes! You can!

No comments:

Post a Comment