Monday, March 16, 2009

My Grandmother's First Ten Status Updates Upon Joining Facebook

1. Feb. 10: Mary is being old and milking it for all it's worth!
2. Feb. 15: Mary is scratching her head! Can I not become Mary Joan?
3. Feb. 16: Mary is Wondering how to put my photo into FaceBook. It is not digital?
4. Feb. 17: Mary is amazed that she has found the "Friend Requests" I hope that now I am officially Nick's friend????
5. Feb. 18: Mary is lost! Thhis FaceBook does not use Verizon so I made up a yahoo one. I wrote it down along with my Password. Now they day the password in incorrect! The sky i.
6. Feb. 19: Mary is really Mary Joan!
7. Feb. 25: Mary Joan is getting ready to watch Duke beat Maryland! [Comment: Mary Joan Kirchner likes this.]
8. Mar. 1: Mary Joan is wide awake at 1:53 AM! I have so many things to think about!
9. Mar. 1: Mary Joan is home from church and ready for a nap.
10. Mar. 3: Mary Joan is waiting to see the new episode of John Adams and knit a new dish cloth.

[Note: I did not make these up. She is awesome.]

7 comments:

  1. God I love the elderly. I really truly do. Also, your grandmother is awesome. Way to go digital!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I be friends with your grandmother? Not on facebook. For real.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow. i am a happier person for having read this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your family is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lauren
    This is amazing! I saw this go down on facebook and was shocked. Scariest thing... this could be us in about 55 years.

    ReplyDelete