Monday, January 12, 2009

Rejection Letter....Win

from: McSweeney's <lists@mcsweeneys.net>
to: Lauren Kirchner <lauren.kirchner@gmail.com>
date: Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 5:12 PM
subject: Re: List submission: Tattoos I Want to Get

Hi, Lauren -

I'm afraid I'm going to pass, but I think this reply would look awfully good on your right forearm.

Best,
Chris

>Lauren wrote:

>Tattoos I Want to Get
>by Lauren Kirchner<mailto:lauren.kirchner@gmail.com>

>Nicolas Cage's face, life-sized, superimposed on my face
>Studio portrait of my future family
>Siskel & Ebert's Thumbs Up / Thumbs Down logo (on my boobs)
>Musical score of "Don't Worry, Be Happy" by Bobby McFerrin
>New York City subway map, just for convenience
>Phone numbers & addresses of ex-boyfriends
>Chinese character for "ironic"
>My latest rejection letter from McSweeney's
>A frowning baby head on my bicep

8 comments:

  1. HA! Snatching victory from the jaws of defeat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure this is snatching victory from the jaws of yet another victory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I debated about that and decided to go with the classic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww. my 2 favorite cheerleaders.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kirch-pills,

    Not to brag, but suck on this:

    http://mcsweeneys.net/2006/7/20cunningham.html

    Now who's disgustingly obese?

    Love,
    P. Scott

    P.S. Your blog is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey P-Scott! You are fat. Thanks for nothing. Also, I miss you. -lk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey P. Scott,

    I'm working on this new project where people go on to other people's blogs touting their own accomplishments while simultaneously bringing people down, because really, what are friends for? That, exactly that.

    I really think you'd be good for this project because I've also added a function where you leave a post-script in which you give a half-hearted, general comment of the site you're commenting on, which you've displayed beautifully here. I'm sure Lauren read the first part, was confused and then saw "Wait, my blog IS awesome." You totally fooled her!

    Also, I really like your use of the word "pills" here. Nicknames are so fun! That's exactly how I nickname people--I shorten their names and then add on an arbitrary word to it with a hyphen.

    Anyway, let me know if you're interested in this project or if you just want to hang out a bunch.

    ReplyDelete