Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Wednesday's Reasons Not to Despair

1. Battlestar Galactica season 5 premiere
2. Ben and Jerry's "Chubby Hubby" ice cream
3. The power of logic and the magic of math
4. Friendly fat and furry cats
5. The New York Times website
6. A new pair of scissors and a pile of National Geographics
7. That new Junot Diaz novel I've been meaning to read
8. "Visiter" by The Dodos (Frenchkiss Records, 2008)
9. Finding my old clarinet from high school marching band and still knowing how to play it
10. You, dear reader.

5 comments:

  1. I like this one. Thanks! I hope you were thinking of Genny for #4.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww

    my not-a-spambot verification word is "beshilly." thinking of potential definitions for it makes me happy too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That clarinet and possibly also the Diaz book are both at my house... Does this mean I'm not despairing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah Nytimes website, saving my Wednesday from being a total waste.

    Also, I think 'beshilly' isn't so much a new word, as Carol Channing telling you how she stays such a child at heart.

    ReplyDelete